Research shows that 50% of those taking multivitamins are still deficient
Learning Center » Micronutrient Testing
Are you getting the nutrients you need?
"Micronutrient Testing at the Center for Hormonal Healing™ in Birmingham, Alabama gives a more meaningful measurement of nutritional status than all other nutritional testing."
Does your nutritional balance stack up?
The nutritional composition of your body can be accurately measured with a simple blood test. Based on your test results, we will help you select the perfect regimen for your optimal health & wellness.
Micronutrient Testing may be the most important decision you make about your health. Please call 205-980-1744 today to make your appointment at our Birmingham-Hoover, AL Hormone Center.
Many people work at improving their health by eating a balanced diet, exercising and taking a multivitamin. Yet some individuals still have deficiencies. Why?
- Biochemical individuality — Because each of us is metabolically and biochemically unique, the micronutrient requirements for one person may be quite different than the requirements of another.
- Absorption — Although you may eat a balanced diet, if you do not absorb vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and/or other essential micronutrients properly, you will have deficiencies.
- Chronic illness — Health conditions such as arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, fatigue and multiple sclerosis, to name a few, can be affected, directly or indirectly, by micronutrient deficiencies.
- Aging — Our micronutrient requirements at age 30 are quite different from our requirements at age 40, 50 and beyond. Absorption difficulties, especially vitamin B12, quite commonly occur as we age.
- Lifestyle — Excessive physical activity, prescription drugs, smoking, alcohol and sedentary habits all impact micronutrient demands.
Micronutrient Testing at the Center for Hormonal Healing™ in Birmingham, Alabama takes into consideration all of the factors above and many others to identify your nutrient status. With this information, specific deficiencies that could negatively influence your health may be corrected.
Why is Nutrient Status Important?
Vitamin, mineral and antioxidant deficiencies have been shown to supress the function of the immune system, which can contribute to degenerative processes such as arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular disease and diabetes. You may be deficient in some vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and/or other essential micronutrients and not even know it.
University research has shown that 50% of people taking multivitamins are still nutritionally deficient.
Micronutrient Testing at our Birmingham, Alabama hormone center gives a more meaningful measurement of nutritional status than all other nutritional testing. Standard tests do not measure if the nutrient is properly functioning within the body. The Micronutrient Test measures the function of selected vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other essential micronutrients within your white blood cells. Analysis can reveal a person's functional nutrient status over a much longer time period than conventional serum testing.
Your Micronutrient Test will test for deficiencies in the following:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Coenzyme Q10
- Vitamin E
Spectrox for total antioxidant function
- Fructose Sensitivity
- Glucose-Insulin Metabolism
- Oleic Acid